The Liberty Association of Baptists
The Liberty Association of Baptists is a network of 36 Baptist churches in South Central Kentucky. We are affiliated with the Kentucky Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention respectively. Liberty Association was formed in 1840 and exists today to assist each of its churches in becoming an Acts 1:8 church, being a witness in their Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. The purpose of the Association is to assist in the strengthening and starting of churches (Acts 9:31), so each may fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), in order that God alone may be glorified.
Liberty Association embraces seven core values:
1. Be witnesses for Christ to all people to the ends of the earth.
2. Promote the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
3. Uphold the doctrines and principles of our Baptist faith and to encourage the churches to be loyal to and practice these doctrines and principles (to read the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 simply click on the following link:
4. Assist the churches in training of all Christians for service.
5. Promote sacrificial giving and stewardship devoted to disciple-making, missions, and benevolence.
6. Promote Christian fellowship, cooperation, and effectiveness among the churches affiliated with the Association.
7. Cooperate with the Kentucky Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention in evangelism, missions, and